Manager of Software Quality Assurance
Clare Controls is a leading provider of intelligent home automation technologies and security systems. Our product line includes solutions that streamline the integration and management of sophisticated home automation systems, plus several families of specialized point-solution components for forward-thinking integrators. Clare solutions are cost effective, can be deployed in volume efficiently, have extremely low cost of ownership and put control of the user experience in the hands of the users.
The Manager of Software Quality Assurance leads a team of software testers and automation engineers to ensure that our products meet well-defined standards of quality. Our testers also test some OEM hardware but 98% of all testing is testing of software systems.
- Work with Software and Hardware Development leaders to define hardware and software compliance standards
- Define, train, enforce and execute standards and compliance, results based KPI s, root cause analysis and defect prevention techniques, test standards and reports
- Hire, mentor and motivate a team of test engineers that promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Access product, compliance and operational risks and develop strategies aligning with strategic objectives
- Continually augment the team’s experiences and skills with appropriate training, technologies and techniques
- Develop and execute a reliability strategy, ensuring that appropriate verification and validation testing are being executed to ensure functional requirements are met
- Manage and improve development of automated test cases to increase reliability, predictability, and manageability of deployed solutions on on-prem and cloud environments
- Develop standard processes to document software defects using a defect tracking system and regularly triaging defects; developing tools and reports to monitor defect resolution efforts and track successes
- Collaborate with software development leaders and teams to establish release criteria.
- Proven track record in encouraging innovation, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization and managing diversity
- Bachelor of Science degree in software engineering, computer science, or similar educational/experience equivalent
- 8+ years of hands-on experience of testing and release management with a strong focus on test automation
- Strong experience in design, creation, and execution of automated test cases across all stages of product development by analyzing user stories, participating in design reviews, and collaborating with the development teams
- Minimum of 5 years QA management with proven success in delivering large and complex software projects supporting multiple engineering teams.
- Strong Agile development process experience including scrum and Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Solid experience working with test automation
- Strong Mac and Linux skills
- Experience managing offshore resources
- Familiar with Intrusion Security systems
- Experience installing and/or testing Intrusion Security systems
- Familiar with Z-Wave technology
- Familiar with Home Automation/Control Systems
We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture and are tenacious about achieving results.
- This position is in our corporate office in Sarasota, Florida.
- Competitive salary & 401k.
- We offer our employees full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays and Vacation time.
Clare Controls, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.