Linux Developer / Firmware Engineer
The Linux developer / firmware engineer position utilizes software development skills to design, implement, and test Linux OS level software as well as firmware used in devices associated with home automation/control and security systems. The job entails working on kernel code and encompasses various protocols. The job also includes developing test scripts for lab test and verification. The focus will be on development and sustaining of new and existing products for home automation/control and security systems.
- Develop, debug, and maintain firmware for ARM based microprocessors.
- Quickly respond to changing needs in firmware design, such as modification to add or alter functionality to both new and existing products.
- Develop, modify, and debug drivers and Linux kernel.
- Write test scripts to verify functionality of code in a lab environment.
- Must have strong C programming skills, particularly for embedded devices.
- Must be extremely proficient with Linux kernel development.
- Must have strong understanding of code development for microprocessors. Preference given to those familiar with Broadcom BCM2837, AllWinner H5, and Freescale iMX6.
- Experience writing code for home intrusion security systems.
- Experience developing and debugging drivers for microcontroller peripherals and systems (e.g. I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet, etc.).
- Experience in Linux OS level application programming.
- Experience with uBoot, Linux kernel, and Linux bash command line utilities.
- Experience with bootloaders.
- Experience with Z-Wave.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Science.
- 5-10 years of experience designing embedded software.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to work well both individually and as part of a team.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills, and be willing to work with others to find solutions that avoid project stalls.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, and have a solid work ethic with a desire to produce quality products.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Should be proficient with a Nerf gun.
We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture and are tenacious about achieving results.
- This position is in our corporate office in Sarasota, Florida.
- Competitive salary & 401k.
- A fast paced environment with promotion opportunities.
- An opportunity to join a sales and business development team with demonstrated success marketing home automation solutions to 5 of the top 10 home builders.
- We offer our employees full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays and Vacation time.
Clare Controls, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.