Director of Marketing
The team at Clare Controls leverages vast experience in the smart security and smart home control market to create new solutions and opportunities for our channel partners. Our latest launch is ClareOne – a smart security and control ecosystem dedicated to dealer success. With a fully integrated back end management platform, this new ecosystem will transform the way security dealers and technology integrators install and manage smart systems. We are looking for an innovative and hands-on Marketing director to lead our marketing communications.
Clare is based in Sarasota, FL and our products are distributed exclusively by SnapAV. Remote work is ok for this position. COVID-19 travel restrictions notwithstanding, the ideal candidate will be able to spend at least one week per month in Sarasota augmented or replaced by travel to channel partners, events and trade shows.
The successful candidate will have a minimum ten years of experience selling through a dealer channel, ideally in the home security and smart home / smart office. If you are used to attending ISC West or CEDIA, then you know our key channels. Did we say hands-on? Yes, and for good reason. While we have outside PR resources and can tap on independent design services, this is a multi-tasking role with one direct report. You, in turn, are inspired by a daily mix of individual contribution, strategy and management.
Ultimately, the Director of Marketing will refine and own our to-the-dealer messaging, while also creating the messaging and tools that our authorized dealers can use marketing to their customers. You are the constant champion of the brand voice and the master of the tools with which to make that voice shout.
- Take a set of product specifications or discussion points and synthesize them into a clear and concise value proposition with supporting messaging.
- Determine the right marketing tools for the communication objective. You need to be as comfortable doing the work as you are writing a brief. Your PowerPoint presentations are exceptional for their clarity, your Photoshop chops aren’t bad and spinning up a quick social media video does not scare you a bit.
- Your enthusiasm is contagious, your style is collaborative, and you love helping the sales team close business.
- Develop the go-to-market communications strategy, sales enablement and launch plans for new releases; create campaigns, messaging, content and thought leadership in support of these releases.
- Use product and industry knowledge to define key messaging and positioning.
- Support the sales team during pre-sales effort, enabling them to onboard more dealers and close more builders.
- Generate sales leads and nurture the lead pipeline to grow the dealer base.
- Develop the dealer (buyer’s) journey.
- Design and deliver information, content and tools that aligns to the buyer’s journey.
- Provide input to the product roadmap with particular regard to how the sequential Clare product launches build the brand story
- Work with product management to create internal and external marketing/sales collateral and sales enablement documentation
- Manage the Clare Marketing Manager, outside PR agency and design/video contractors.
- Maintain industry and competitive benchmarking - own competitive messaging for the organization.
- 10+ years of marketing experience in the security, custom installation, home technology, commercial technology, or adjacent markets
- Proven history of advancement
- Exceptional people and management skills
- Fluency in PowerPoint, proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign and video production software (Premiere or other)
- Strong experience with CRM and marketing automation systems. For reference, we use Zoho CRM and HubSpot.
- Comfort presenting in front of groups, both in-person and virtual.
- Willing to travel 25% (influenced by COVID-19 safety practices)
We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture and are tenacious about achieving results.
This position is based in our corporate office in Sarasota, Florida; remote candidates will be considered.
- Competitive salary & 401k.
- We offer our employees full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays and Vacation time.
Clare Controls, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.