For information on Z-Wave and ClareHome, see Installing Z-Wave with ClareHome.
- When installing Z-Wave devices, ensure that there is nothing inhibiting their signal. Z-Wave relies on radio signals. Metal or thick walls may limit their signal strength.
- We recommend having 2 or more repeating Z-Wave devices.
Dome Z-Wave devices integrate with ClareHome via the Z-Wave network. Installers only need to pair (add) the device to the ClareHome project.
By integrating the Dome devices into the ClareHome project, your customers can control them from their Android or iOS smartphones and tablets.
Dome supported models:
The following Dome models are supported in ClareHome, additional models may be compatible but have not been tested.
- Leak Sensor - DMWS1
- Motion Detector - DMMS1
- Door & Window Sensor Pro - DMDP1
- On/Off Plug - DMOF1
- Window/Door Sensor - DMWD1
Dome device properties
Each Dome device has different supported properties. See the table below for supported options.
Note: The device functions listed are the only functions of that device supported in ClareHome.
Installing the device
Only qualified installation technicians should install Dome devices. Follow the installation and programming instructions that came with your Dome devices.
Pairing and configuring Dome devices in the apps
After installing the device, pair it.
To pair the Dome device using ClareHome or Install Assist:
- The pairing process is the same for each Dome device.
- The example below uses a Dome Door & Window Sensor.
1. Access the Clare Controls Install Assist app, and then tap Add Devices.
– or –
Access the ClareHome Menu, and then tap Add/Edit Devices.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the plus icon.
3. Tap Sensors (Z-Wave).
4. Tap Start Discovery Mode, and then pair the device as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Enter a name for the sensor, and then select an area.
6. Tap outside of the area drop-down and the device automatically saves.
Note: Sensors are not controllable and do not appear as devices that can be added to a user's ClareHome space. The sensors are used in notification and automations only. For notification and automation configuration, see ClareHome App Guide (DOC ID 1750).
Pairing and configuring the Dome device in Fusion
Dome Z-Wave devices do not need any device programming. Pair the device to the ClareHome Z-Wave controller before adding it to your Fusion project.
To pair the device with Fusion:
1. Access your project, and then click the Z-Wave Wizard icon.
2. Click on Z-Wave Devices.
3. Select the device’s location, and then enter a name for the device.
- We recommend naming the device after its location to avoid confusion. For example, Lanai Door/Window Sensor.
- If you want to add an area, click the green plus icon, enter a name for the area, and then click Add Area.
4. Click Add It!.
A Z-Wave adding mode dialog displays.
5. Pair the device per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once paired, the on screen pairing indicator stops blinking.
- The Z-Wave lighting device dialog goes away when the device has been paired.
6. The sensor appears in in the added devices list.
7. Click the Summary tab.
8. Click the Close Window icon in the top-right of the wizard to exit and return to the Devices tab.
Note: The Z-Wave devices added with the Z-Wave Wizard are automatically imported on the Devices tab.