The CC-EBR-500 is a narrow band RF antenna for Universal Remote Control RF controllers. It gives you the ability to install multiple units for an extended operating range, ignoring unneeded signals. The CC-EBR-500 devices can be used together to create more coverage, if necessary.
Note: Models herein and their appearance are subject to change without any prior notice.
Remove and inventory all contents from the package.
WARNING: Please read all instructions before attempting to install equipment. Failure to follow directions can cause bodily injury and/or damage to equipment.
Connect the CC-EBR-500 as instructed below.
Note: If you have a PoE switch, use PoE to power the CC-EBR-500 device. If you do not have PoE, you can use the power supply included to power the device.
1. Connect one end of an RJ45 cable to the Ethernet port on the back of the CC-EBR-500 device, and then attach the other end to your ClareHome network. See Figure 1, item 1.
2. If you did not connect the Ethernet cable to a PoE switch, then connect the power supply unit to the power port on the back of the CC-EBR-500. See Figure 1, item 2.
3. Ensure the lights on the device turn on. If none of the lights turn on, there is no power.
You must change the CC-EBR-500 device from DHCP to static. After setting the IP address to static, ensure you record this information and give this IP address to your system programmer.
1. Connect your Windows laptop to the same switch as the CC-EBR-500 via RJ45, or use a wireless connection on the same subnet as the switch.
2. From www.clarecontrols.com, download and run the EBRConfig program.
3. Locate the IP address for the CC-EBR-500 device, which will appear as “iTachIP2SL.” See Figure 2.
4. Copy this IP address and paste it in the URL of your web browser, and then press Enter.
5. From the Configuration Pages menu, click Serial. See Figure 3.
6. Ensure the baud rate is set to 9600 and all other Serial information is correct. See Figure 3.
7. From the Configuration Pages menu, click Network.
8. From the Network Configuration screen, clear the “Enable DHCP” checkbox. See Figure 4.
9. Change the IP address, as necessary, and record this new static IP address for future use. See Figure 4.
10. Click Save.
To avoid electromagnetic interference, follow the recommendations below to help minimize the amount of interference you will receive with your RF receiver.
If you are still having interference issues, do the following to troubleshoot the installation.
Note: If you have a Wi-Spy device, use it when performing your wireless site survey for a project. Wi-Spy devices can help you to detect interference coming from 2.4 GHz cordless phones, baby monitors, and microwaves.
Clare Controls offers a three (3) year limited warranty on original Clare Controls components, from the date of shipment from Clare Controls. To view complete limited warranty details, including limitations and exclusions, www.clarecontrols.com/warranty.