- Control Systems
- Quick Start Guides
- Audio Devices
- Clare Controllers
- ClareVideo Doorbell v3
- ClareVideo Doorbell v2
- Door Locks and Garage Doors
- ClareVue Lighting
- Lighting - Other
- Media Distribution
- Legacy Security
- Sensors and Water Detection
- Legacy Surveillance
- Other Integrations
Videos and Smart Skills
Using the HDMI IR Adapter Cable Product Bulletin
This product bulletin provides the information necessary to successfully use the HDMI IR adapter cable with an HDBaseT extender set or an HDBaseT matrix switch with a receiver and the CLIQ.host, CLIQ.connect, or CLIQ.lite.
To connect the IR adapter cable to the CLIQ and HDMI extender kit:
1. Cut off 1 to 2 inches from from the mono 3.5mm mini pin IR cable (black).
2. Strip the 2 wires inside of the cable.
Note: The red wire is positive, and the black wire is negative.
3. Connect the exposed red wire to a positive (+) port on the CLIQ IR terminal block.
4. Connect the exposed black wire to the corresponding negative (-) port on the CLIQ IR terminal block.
Note: The wires must connect to the same negative (-) and positive (+). For example, a positive wire connected to +1 must have the negative wire connected to -1, see below.
5. Connect the stereo 3.5mm mini pin cable jack (red) to the IR input on the transmitter of the extender set or Matrix IR.
6. Finish installation, and then test the IR connection.