The release of the Sony TV IP driver lets you integrate Sony televisions 2013 and up with the Clare Controls Network. Customers can now control their Sony TV through IP using the Clare Controls Application. No software or download is necessary. Simply connect the Sony TV unit to the home network, and then add the TV in Fusion.
The Sony TV IP Driver supports these TVs:
Note: The following models are supported, additional models may be compatible but have not been tested.
Note: The selected Sony TV must support Remote Start or “Wake on LAN” for full IP control (Power On). The 2012 and older models do not support “Wake on LAN”.
Only qualified technicians should install or connect any devices used with Clare Controls products. Refer to the installation instructions that came with your Sony TV. Clare Controls does not assume any responsibility for damages caused by improper installation or connection to the data network.
Note: A static IP address must be set for the Sony TV.
To connect the Sony TV to the home data network:
1. Access the Sony TV’s User Interface menu, and then browse to Remote Start.
Home > Settings > Network > Home Network Setup > Remote Start
2. Set the Remote Start option to On.
This enables the TV to be turned on while in standby mode.
3. Browse to the TV’s MAC address.
Settings > Network > Network Setup > View Network Settings and Status
4. Write the MAC address down, and then exit the TV menu.
– or –
Write the MAC address down, and then set the Pre Shared Key.
Note: The MAC address is required in Fusion.
To set the Pre Shared Key:
Note: Only TV models 2014 and newer will have a Pre Shared Key option.
1. Access the Sony TVs User Interface menu, and then browse to the IP control settings.
Settings > Network > Home Network Setup > IP Control
Note: The IP Control category name varies based on TV model. The Pre Shared Key is found in the IP control settings.
2. Change the Authentication option to Normal and Pre Shared Key.
3. Select Pre Shared Key, and then enter the desired key.
Note: The Pre Shared Key is alphanumeric. The default setting in Fusion is 1234.
4. Exit the TV menu.
Configure the device in Fusion to enable the Sony TV to function with the Clare Controls UI.
To add the Sony TV IP Driver:
1. Open your Fusion project.
2. Click the Devices tab, and then click the New Device button.
The Select Template dialog displays.
3. Browse to Sony - TV - 2013 and Up (IP).
Entertainment IP Devices > TV > Sony - TV - 2013 and Up (IP)
4. Click OK.
The device Details tab displays. If desired, enter a name and notes for the device.
5. Click the Configure tab, and then enter the MAC Address, Pre Shared Key (if applicable), the Network Address, and verify that the Network Port is set to 80.
6. Click the Save button.
To create a service for the Sony TV IP Driver:
1. Click the Services tab, and then click the New Service Instance button .
The New Service Instance dialog displays.
2. Enter the name of the service in the Name field, select the area, and then click Entertainment Service.
3. Click Next to display the Devices tab.
4. In the left panel, select the devices you want to use in the service.
5. In the right panel, set the values for each control point.
Click the Value field to view the drop-down menu and select a device.
6. Click Next to display the Scenes tab.
To configure the scene:
1. In the Start Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
2. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the following values.
- Device: Sony - TV - 2013 and Up (IP)
- Function: Switch (or other desired action)
- Operation: Turn On
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each device being used in the scene.
4. Go to the Stop Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
5. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the following values.
- Device: Sony - TV - 2013 and Up (IP)
- Function: Switch
- Operation: Turn Off
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other devices that you are using.
7. Click Finish.
8. Deploy the project.