The release of the Sony ES Series Projector IP driver allows you to integrate Sony projectors (models listed below) with Clare Home over IP.
No software installation or download is necessary. Simply install the projector, set a static IP address, and then select the Sony 4K Projector template in Fusion.
- You must set a static IP address for the projector.
- Network Management must be enabled in the projector. If Network Management is not available, you must update the Sony firmware.
This release supports the following models:
- Sony 4K Projector - VPLVW-350ES - 2014 (IP)
- Sony 4K Projector - VPLVW-600ES - 2014 (IP)
- Sony 4K Projector - VPLVW-1000ES - 2014 (IP)
- Sony 4K Projector - VPLVW-1100ES - 2014 (IP)
Only qualified technicians should install and connect devices used with Clare Controls products. Refer to the installation instructions that came with your Sony projector. Clare Controls does not assume any responsibility for damages caused by improper installation or connection to the network.
Configuring the device in Fusion
Configure the projector in Fusion to enable use with Clare Home and the Clare Controls UI.
To add the Sony projector:
1. Access your project in Fusion.
2. Click the Devices tab, and then click the New Device button.
The Select Template dialog displays.
3. Browse to the desired Sony 4K projector, and then click OK.
Entertainment IP Devices > Projector > Sony 4K Projector
4. The Details tab displays, enter a name and notes for the projector.
5. Click the Configure tab, and then enter the IP address in the Network Address field.
Note: The IP address must be static.
6. Verify that the Network Port field is set to 53484.
7. Click the Save button.
To create a service for the Sony projector:
1. Click the Services tab, and then click the New Service Instance button .
The New Service Instance dialog displays.
2. Enter the name of the service in the Name field, select the area, and then click Entertainment Service.
3. Click Next to display the Devices tab.
4. In the left panel, select the devices you want to use in the service.
5. In the right panel, set the values for each control point.
Click the Value field to view the drop-down menu, and then select the device.
6. Click Next to display the Scenes tab.
To configure the scene:
1. In the Start Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
2. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the following values.
Device: Select the Sony projector.
Function: Select the desired function for the projector – for example, Switch.
Operation: The desired function state – for example, Turn On.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each device.
4. Continue to the Stop Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
5. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the desired values.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each device.
7. Click Finish.
8. Deploy the project.