The SnapAV WattBox is an IP-controlled power conditioner that has been tested and certified for integration with the ClareHome system. It is energy efficient and improves the quality of the power delivered to your devices.
By integrating the SnapAV WattBox, the integrator will make fewer service calls to reset their customers’ network devices. The WattBox automatically detects network connectivity issues and reboots the affected devices.
The WattBox includes the following features.
A qualified installation technician should install the WattBox. Refer to the installation instructions that came with your SnapAV WattBox device.
After installation, set up the SnapAV WattBox and connect it to the ClareHome data network. To make the physical device connection, you will need a Cat 5 networking Ethernet cable.
1. Go to the SnapAv website http://www.snapav.com.
2. Browse to the WattBox page Home > Power Products > IP Enabled > WB-600-IPVCE-12, and then click the Support tab.
3. Download and launch the WB-IP_SoftwareUtility application.
4. Follow the WattBox Utility setup wizard. Fill in all required information and click Finish.
1. Attach one end of the Cat 5 cable to the back of the WattBox, and then attach the other end of the cable to a port on the ClareHome data Network.
Once you have installed and connected the SnapAV WattBox, you must configure it in Fusion. Follow the steps below for Fusion configuration.
1. Log into Fusion and select the project and version.
2. Click the Devices tab, and then click the New Device button to display the Select Template dialog.
3. Browse to Energy > Power Outlets (IP) > SnapAV Wattbox (IP), and then click OK.
This displays the SnapAV Wattbox (IP) – Device Wizard.
4. In the Device Wizard, enter the number of outlets to be controlled, and then click OK.
Note: SnapAV WattBox will support up to 8 controllable outlets.
5. In the Details tab’s Name field, enter a name for the device.
6. Click the Configure tab.
7. Enter values in the following fields:
8. Click the Save button.
After configuring the WattBox device in Fusion, configure the individual outlets in Fusion.
1. Return to the Devices tab, and then expand the Power Outlets (IP). Configure each of the power outlets.
2. Double-click the first outlet, and then enter a name in the Name field.
Note: We recommend naming the outlets for their intended devices.
3. Click the Configure tab, and then expand the Switch field. Enter the outlet number you want associated with this name.
4. Click the Save button.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 until you have configured each outlet.
Note: SnapAV’s WattBox feature Logs and Schedules is not currently supported.