The release of the Sharp TV IP driver lets you integrate Sharp televisions via IP. No software or download is necessary. Simply connect the Sharp TV to the home network, and then add the TV in Fusion.
The Sharp TV integrates with the ClareHome system in a way similar to other entertainment device integrations. All entertainment integrations share a common UI, so that the user experience is consistent.
Note: The following models are supported, additional models may be compatible but have not been tested.
Note: 2015 Android TV models require a future firmware update for IP control.
Only qualified technicians should install and connect devices used with Clare Controls products. Refer to the installation instructions that came with the Sharp TV. Clare Controls does not assume any responsibility for damages caused by improper installation or connection to the data network.
Note: The Sharp TV must have a static IP address.
1. Access the Sharp TV’s Setup menu, and then browse to Quick Start.
Menu > Setup > Quick Start
Note: Menu navigation may vary by model.
2. Set the Quick Start option to On.
This enables the Sharp TV to be turned on while in standby mode.
3. Exit the Setup menu.
Once you have installed the Sharp TV, you must add and configure it in Fusion. Follow the steps below to configure the TV in Fusion.
1. Access the project.
2. Click the Devices tab, and then click the New Device button.
The Select Template dialog displays.
3. Browse to SharpTV’s – 2011+ (IP).
Entertainment IP Devices > TV > SharpTV’s – 2011+ (IP)
4. Click OK.
The device Details tab displays. If desired, enter a name and notes for the device.
5. Click the Configure tab.
6. Enter the TV’s IP address in the Network Address field, and verify that the Network Port is set to 10002.
7. Click the Save button , and then assign the device to an area.
1. Click the Services tab, and then click the New Service Instance button .
The New Service Instance dialog displays.
2. Enter the name of the service in the Name field, select the area, and then click Entertainment Service.
Note: The Service name is the name that displays on the customer UI.
3. Click Next to display the Devices tab.
4. In the left panel, select the devices you want to use in the service.
5. In the right panel, set the values for each control point by clicking the Value field to view the drop-down menu, and then selecting the device.
6. Click Next to display the Scenes tab.
1. In the Start Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
2. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the following values.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each device being used in the scene.
4. Go to the Stop Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
5. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the following values.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other devices that you are using.
7. Click Finish.
8. Deploy the project.