Note: Roku does not allow a static IP address. Set a DHCP Reservation for the Roku device.
The release of the Roku IP driver allows you to integrate all Roku models with Clare Home over IP. Customers can now control their Roku using the Clare Home Application.
No software or download is necessary. Simply connect the Roku device to the home network, and then add it in Fusion.
Only qualified technicians should install and connect devices used with Clare Controls products. Refer to the installation instructions that came with your Roku device. Clare Controls does not assume any responsibility for damages caused by improper installation or connection to the network.
Configuring in Fusion
Configure Roku in Fusion to enable use with Clare Home.
To add the Roku:
1. Access your project in Fusion.
2. Click the Devices tab, and then click the New Device button.
The Select Template dialog displays.
3. Browse to Roku.
Entertainment IP Devices > Media Streamers > Roku Streaming Media Player – All Models
4. Click OK, the Details tab displays, enter a name and notes for the Roku.
5. Click the Configure tab.
6. Enter the Roku’s IP Address in the Network Address field, and then verify that the network port is set to 8060.
7. Click the Save button, and then create a service the Roku in Fusion.
Creating a Service
Create a service for the Roku device in Fusion.
To create a service for the Roku device:
1. Click the Services tab, and then click the New Service Instance button.
The New Service Instance dialog displays.
2. Enter the name of the service in the Name field, select the area, and then click Entertainment Service.
3. Click Next to display the Devices tab.
4. In the left panel, select the devices you want to use in the service.
5. In the right panel, set the values for each control point.
Click the Value field to view the drop-down menu, and then select the device.
6. Click Next to display the Scenes tab.
To configure the scene:
1. In the Start Sequence field, select Create New Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
2. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the following values.
Device: Select the Roku device.
Function: Select the desired function for the Roku – for example, Menu Navigation.
Operation: The desired function state – for example, Title Menu.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each device.
4. Select the Stop Sequence field, select Create New Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
5. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the desired values.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each device.
7. Click Finish.
8. Deploy your project.
Full PDF - Roku IP Driver Integration Release Notes (DOC ID 1182 Rev 01)