- Control Systems
- Quick Start Guides
- Audio Devices
- Clare Controllers
- ClareVideo Doorbell v3
- ClareVideo Doorbell v2
- Door Locks and Garage Doors
- ClareVue Lighting
- Lighting - Other
- Media Distribution
- Legacy Security
- Sensors and Water Detection
- Legacy Surveillance
- Other Integrations
Videos and Smart Skills
Replacing the ClareHome Host Controller Product Bulletin
This product bulletin provides the information necessary to successfully replace your ClareHome host controller.
Remove host controllers
It is imperative that the previous host controller connections are removed. The installer must access all client UI devices (iPads and smartphones) and remove all existing account information.
To remove account information:
1. Launch the ClareHome app and then access the menu.
2. Tap Locations.
A list of all associated host connections displays.
3. Tap the three dots to the right of the desired location.
4. Tap Remove.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each UI device and location.
Replace the host controller in Fusion
After removing the previous host controller you must change the host controller in Fusion.
To change the host controller in Fusion:
1. Access the project.
2. Scroll down to view the Project Properties pane.
3. Remove the UUID from the Gateway UUID field, and then enter the new UUID.
4. Click the Save button.
5. Select the currently deployed version of the project, and then deploy the project.
6. Verify that all devices are online.
To connect the UI device:
1. Launch the ClareHome app, and then access the menu.
2. Tap Locations.
Note: The location appears automatically when the UI device is connected to the same system.
3. Tap the location, and then enter the project’s system PIN.
4. Tap Done.
You are now connected to the system.