Note: If the Pioneer Blu-ray player loses power, it’s NIC card shuts off. The device is shown as offline in Fusion. Simply turn the Blu-ray player on manually to restore connection. We recommend having battery backup for the Pioneer Blu-ray player.
The release of the Pioneer Blu-ray IP driver allows you to integrate Pioneer Blu-ray players (models listed below) with Clare Home over IP. Customers can now control their Pioneer Blu-ray through IP using the Clare Home Application.
No software or download is necessary. Simply connect the Pioneer Blu-ray player to the home network, and then add it in Fusion.
Note: The following models are supported, additional models may be compatible but have not been tested.
Only qualified technicians should install and connect devices used with Clare Controls products. Refer to the installation instructions that came with your Pioneer Blu-ray player. Clare Controls does not assume any responsibility for damages caused by improper installation or connection to the network.
1. Access the Pioneer Blu-ray player’s menu, and then browse to Quick Start.
Initial Setup > Options > Quick Start
Note: Menu navigation may vary by model.
2. Set the Quick Start option to On.
This enables the Blu-ray player to be turned on while in standby mode.
3. Exit the Blu-ray menu.
Configure the Blu-ray player in Fusion to enable use with Clare Home and the Clare Controls UI.
1. Access your project in Fusion.
2. Click the Devices tab, and then click the New Device button.
The Select Template dialog displays.
3. Browse to Pioneer - Blu-ray - IP Enabled Models (IP).
Entertainment IP Devices > Blu-Ray Player > Pioneer - Blu-ray - IP Enabled Models (IP)
4. Click OK, the Details tab displays.
5. Enter a name and notes for the Blu-ray player.
6. Click the Configure tab.
7. Enter the Blu-ray player’s IP Address in the Network Address field, and then verify that the network port is set to 8102.
8. Click the Save button.
9. Create a service for the Blu-ray player in Fusion.
After installation, enabling Quick Start, and adding the device in Fusion, create the service for the Blu-ray player in Fusion.
1. Click the Services tab, and then click the New Service Instance button .
The New Service Instance dialog displays.
2. Enter the name of the service in the Name field, select the area, and then click Entertainment Service.
3. Click Next to display the Devices tab.
4. In the left panel, select the devices you want to use in the service.
5. In the right panel, set the values for each control point.
Click the Value field to view the drop-down menu, and then select the device.
6. Click Next to display the Scenes tab.
1. In the Start Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
2. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the following values.
Device: Select the Pioneer Blu-ray player.
Function: Select the desired function for the Blu-ray player – for example, Switch.
Operation: The desired function state – for example, Turn On.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each device.
Note: Steps 1 and 2 can be repeated to make the selected device perform another action. For example, the Blu-ray player turns on for the first action, and then 5 seconds later it displays the Title Menu.
4. Select the Stop Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
5. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the desired values.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each device.
7. Click Finish.
8. Deploy your project.