The Performance Concepts Shade Controller integration allows users to control their motorized shades through the ClareHome system.
Shade settings can be controlled via events. Use Fusion’s Scenes and Rules to automate the actions your customers want. The following figure shows the Performance Concepts shade controller on the ClareHome UI.
Programming the shade controller
The Performance Concepts shade controller must be programmed before it is integrated with the Clare Controls network. See Performance Concepts documentation to program the shade controller.
Installing the controller
A qualified installation technician should install or connect any devices used with Clare Controls products. Refer to the installation instructions that came with our Performance Concepts shade controller. Clare Controls does not assume any responsibility for damages caused by improper installation or connection to the network.
Note: When installing the equipment, your technician must assign each shade motor a numeric group address. Please have the technician note the groups he or she assigns. You will need the group numbers when integrating the shade controller in Fusion.
Connecting the controller to the data network
After installing the Performance Concepts shade controller, connect it to the ClareHome data network. To make the connection, you will need a serial cable or an IP-to-Serial adapter, such as a Global Caché iTach device. Use one of the two connection methods below.
To connect the controller to the ClareHome network using a serial cable:
1. Attach the RJ-12 end of a serial cable to the port on the ClareHome data network.
2. Attach the RS-232 end of the serial cable to the RS-232 port on the Performance Concepts shade controller.
To connect the controller to the ClareHome data network using an adapter:
1. Attach one end of a Cat 5 networking cable to a port on the ClareHome data network, and then attach the other end of the cable to RJ-45 jack on the IP-to-Serial adapter.
2. Using an RS-232 cable, connect the IP-to-Serial device (Global Caché iTach) to the Performance Concepts shade controller.
Setting the serial parameters in the serial device adapter
To ensure proper communication between the Performance Concepts shade controller and the ClareHome system, you must configure your IP-to-Serial adapter with the following settings. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions included with the device.
Note: To configure the serial adapter, follow the manufacturer’s instructions included with the device.
Configuring in Fusion
Once you have installed your Performance Concept shade controller, you must add and configure it in Fusion.
To add a Performance Concepts shade controller in Fusion:
1. Click the Devices tab, and then click the New Device button to display the Select template dialog.
2. Expand the Shades drop-down, and then browse to Performance Concepts Shade Controller (Serial).
Shades > Shade Controller > Performance Concepts Shade Controller (Serial)
3. Select CLIQ in the Communication Method drop-down.
– or –
Select Other in the Communication Method drop-down when using an IP-to-Serial device (Global Caché iTach).
4. Click OK.
The Details tab displays.
5. Enter a name and notes for the device, and then click the Configure tab.
6. When connecting the shade controller directly to the CLIQ using a serial cable, enter the CLIQ Serial Port.
Verify that the Serial Baudrate, Serial Data Bits, Serial Parity, and Serial Stop Bits match the settings in Table 1.
– or –
When using an IP-to-Serial device, enter the adapters Network Address.
7. Click the Save button.
To organize the shade groups:
1. Return to the Devices tab, and then expand the shade controller.
Note: The shade controller supports and adds 15 groups.
2. Delete any unused groups.
3. Assign the shade groups to areas.
4. Name each shade group according to the room it is in.
Note: We recommend naming the shade groups according to their location for convenience.
Creating a service for the shade groups
Once you have configured the shade controller in Fusion, create a service for the shade groups.
Note: You will need the correct shade group numbers to create services in Fusion.
To create a service for the shade groups:
1. Click the Services tab, and then click the New Service icon.
The New Service Instance dialog displays.
2. Enter the name of the service in the Name field, select the area, and then click Screen Keypad Service.
3. Click Next to display the Devices tab.
4. In the left panel, select the desired shade group.
5. In the right panel, set the values for the screen control.
Click the Value field to view the drop-down menu, and then select the device.
6. Click Finish.
7. Repeat steps 1 through 6 for each shade group.
8. Deploy the project.