You can integrate the Onkyo receiver to a ClareHome control system so that your customers can send commands to the receiver from their Android smartphone or iOS device. ClareHome supports the following features:
The Onkyo receiver integrates with the ClareHome system in a way similar to other entertainment device integrations. All entertainment integrations share a common UI, so that the user experience is consistent.
A qualified installation technician should install the Onkyo Receiver. Refer to the installation instructions that came with your Onkyo equipment.
Note: You must set a static IP address for your receiver.
After installing the Onkyo receiver, connect it to the ClareHome data network.
1. Attach one end of an Ethernet cable (not included) to the LAN port on the back of the receiver. See Figure 1.
2. Attach the other end of the cable to a router on your ClareHome data network.
Once you have installed your Onkyo receiver, add and configure it in Fusion. Follow the steps below to configure your Onkyo receiver in Fusion.
1. Click the Devices tab, and then click the New Device button. This displays the Select Template dialog.
2. Expand the Entertainment IP Devices drop-down, and then browse to Onkyo Receivers - All Models Main - 2011 & UP (IP).
Entertainment IP Devices > Receiver > Onkyo Receivers - All Models Main - 2011 & UP (IP)
3. Click OK.
The Details tab displays.
4. Enter a name and notes for the device and then click the Configure tab.
5. Enter the receiver’s network IP address in the Network Address field, and then enter the network port number in the Network Port field.
6. Click the Save button.
Once you have installed and configured the receiver in Fusion, create an entertainment service.
1. Click the Service tab, and then click the New Service icon.
The New Service Instance dialog displays.
2. Enter the name of the service in the Name field, select the area, and then click Entertainment Service.
3. Click Next to display the Devices tab.
4. In the left panel, select the devices you want to use in the service.
5. In the right panel, set the values for each control point by clicking the Value field to view the drop-down menu, and then selecting the device.
6. Click Next to display the Scenes tab.
1. In the Start Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
2. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the following values.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each device being used in the scene.
Note: A device can have more than one action. You can set the receiver to turn on, and then have the receiver switch sources 5 seconds later.
4. Go to the Stop Sequence field, select Create new Scene, and then click the New Device Operation button.
5. Configure the Device, Function, and Operation drop-down menus with the following values.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the other devices that you are using.
7. Click Finish.
8. Deploy the project.
Full PDF - Onkyo Integration Notes (DOC ID 1185)