Each integration process has conditions that must be met for a successful integration. This applies when integrating Lutron lighting files into your ClareHome project. This release note covers required steps and additional troubleshooting notes for an effective integration. Beginning with Lutron programming, we step you through the process and caveats of extracting and importing Lutron lighting files.
Install the RadioRa2 software on your computer, and then add and program the devices as normal in Lutron using RadioRa2.
Note: All keypads must be programmed using the RadioRa2 software.
Once you program the devices, export the lighting file.
Once activated, some devices may appear to not work. This may be related to the delay setting in the RadioRa2 software. The time delay is a hidden field and is often preset in devices.
To check the delay settings:
1. In RadioRa2, click on the Program tab, and then select a device or add a new one.
2. Right click the device’s Programmed Item Name field, and then select Show Delay in the drop-down menu.
3. Verify that the correct delays are in effect, or change them as needed.
Before integrating the Lutron file into Clare Controls, configure the Lutron integration. Create a username, password, and permissions.
Note: This information stays with the file and transfers to Clare Controls. Keep this information for future file access.
To configure integration:
1. Click Settings, and then select Integration from the drop-down menu to display the Integration Settings window.
2. On the bottom left of the Integration Settings window, click the hyperlink Click here to create a new Telnet login.
– or –
Verify the existing information.
3. Click OK.
Clicking OK brings you back to the Design tab of the RadioRa2 software.
To transfer current device information:
1. When you finish adding or making changes to a device, click the Transfer tab.
2. Click Start Transfer to update all device information.
The devices must be current to transfer into the Clare Controls system. If a device is not updated, out of date information can be integrated into Clare Controls.
Note: You must have configured the Main Repeater and at least one device to access the Transfer tab.
Exporting the Lutron file
Export the Lutron lighting file from the RadioRa 2 software, and then import it into Fusion.
To export the Lutron file:
1. Access the Main Repeater by typing its IP address into your web browser.
The Lutron login page displays.
Note: We recommend that you use Internet Explorer or a browser that has a “Save as” option. This lets you save the Lutron XML file as it is with no changes.
2. Enter “lutron” into both the Login and Password fields, and then click Enter.
The Lutron home screen displays.
3. Right-click the Get Database Info as XML link, and then select Save as.
Save the file to your desktop or another easily accessible area.
Note: You must save the file as an .xml file.
Configuring lighting devices
Most often a lighting architect creates lighting files for Lutron projects. These files can include all of the lighting keypads, which have been set to designated areas or specific rooms in the home or office, depending on the project.
Lighting files may contain shade and shutter controls, climate controls, or climate configuration, depending on the scope of the project and the lighting manufacturer. The lighting file may also contain default rooms for the house.
In Fusion, import the lighting file into Fusion for your project. Configure the lighting devices for areas as needed. Note that you have the option to configure the areas prior to importing the lighting file, or you can use the areas as they are imported along with the lighting file for your individual project.
Note: If you delete a keypad or lighting device from the Devices tab, they are permanently deleted from Fusion. You can only retrieve a keypad or device by re-importing the entire lighting file or redeploy a previous Fusion version that contains the keypad.
To import the lighting file into Fusion:
1. In the Devices tab, click the Import Devices button on the toolbar.
The Import Devices dialog displays.
2. Select the file type from the Select Device Type and File: drop-down, and then click File.
3. Locate the lighting file on your computer, and then click the Open button.
4. From the Select Device Type and File dialog, click the Open button.
The Area Management tab appears with the default lighting file rooms, and the Lighting Program devices appear in the Devices pane.
5. After importing the lighting file, you may be asked to select the appropriate device driver. Select the latest driver version, and then and click OK.
Note: If you do not select a driver version, it will automatically select the newest version. In our example, the newest version is 2.1.0.
6. Double-click the Controller button to open the configuration editor for the controller.
7. Click the Details tab, and then enter a name and notes for the device.
8. Click the Configure tab, and then configure the Network Address and Network Port fields.
9. Click the Save button.
10. Assign the lighting services to the correct areas.
11. Deploy your project to start using the lighting features.
Adding a smart icon indicator for a lighting service
When configuring a customer’s lighting, consider adding a smart icon indicator to your project. A smart icon displays on the Clare app and indicates the status (on or off) of a light in a particular area. You can choose any light to be your smart icon; however, a button on your lighting keypad must control the light you choose. Once deployed, the smart icon turns green to indicate when the light on and turns gray to indicate the light is off. Or, if you have more than one light controlled by a button on your keypad, you may want to have your lighting designer create a master button that detects a load change on any lighting circuit in the room. Assign the master button to be the smart icon indicator so that any light turned on from the keypad will illuminate the smart icon on the customer’s mobile device.
To add a smart icon indicator:
1. On the Services tab, double-click the keypad service you want displayed in the smart icon.
Fusion displays the Service Info tab for that service.
2. Click the Edit Service Instance button to display the Service Instance dialog, and then click Next.
3. In the right pane, scroll down to display the Smart Icon Indicator control point.
4. Click inside the Device field for the Smart Icon Indicator to display the drop-down list, and then select the button you want to trigger the smart icon.
5. Click Finish, and then deploy your project.