This tech bulletin provides direction for connecting ClareVision Plus and Luma cameras to the ClareOne panel using FusionPro. Before connecting to ClareOne, the cameras must be connected to the same local network as the ClareOne panel and configured according to the ClareVision/Luma installation instructions.
Note: The ClareOne panel uses ONVIF protocol to connect and stream from cameras. Not all Luma cameras have ONVIF enabled by default and must have a “Media User” created to allow the connections. Follow the steps “Luma camera settings,” to determine if the Media User configuration is required.
Luma camera settings
Modify the camera settings as detailed below.
To modify the Luma camera settings and create a Media User:
- Download and install the Luma Utility app.
Note: This is a Windows only app.
- Use the app to find to find the camera’s IP address. See Luma documentation for finding the IP address.
- Log in to the Luma camera using a web browser.
Refer to Luma documentation or your configuration for User Name and Password.
- Click on the Settings icon next to the desired camera.
- Click Video/Audio.
- Configure the camera as follows:
Stream Type: Sub Stream
Frame Rate: 8
- Click Save, and then click Advanced Network Settings.
- If present, present, click on the Integration Protocol sub-tab, and then click Add and continue to Step 9.
– Or –
If the Integration Protocol tab is not present, Media User configuration is not required. Record the username and password used in Step 3 and skip to “Adding cameras to the ClareOne panel with FusionPro.”
- Configure the user as follows:
User Name: clareadmin
Level: Media user
Note: The username and password are used when connecting the camera to the ClareOne Panel.
- Click Ok, select the Enable ONVIF box, and then click Save.
Adding cameras to the ClareOne panel with FusionPro
Before adding cameras to the ClareOne account, they must be connected to the same local network as the ClareOne panel and configured according to the ClareVision Plus/Luma installation/configuration instructions.
To add the camera in FusionPro:
- Access the account in FusionPro, and then click on the Devices
- Click Add Devices, and then click Cameras.
Discovered cameras are displayed.
Note: Camera discovery may take a few minutes depending on the network speed and number of cameras being discovered.
- Select the checkbox next to the desired camera.
– or –
Click Select All.
Note: If the cameras have different usernames and passwords, they must be added individually.
- Enter the camera’s configured username and password, and then click Add Devices.
Note: The username and password for Luma cameras was created in the above section “Luma camera settings.”