- Control Systems
- Quick Start Guides
- Audio Devices
- Clare Controllers
- ClareVideo Doorbell v3
- ClareVideo Doorbell v2
- Door Locks and Garage Doors
- ClareVue Lighting
- Lighting - Other
- Media Distribution
- Legacy Security
- Sensors and Water Detection
- Other Integrations
Videos and Smart Skills
Z-wave door lock sticks and/or doesn’t always provide a valid status in the app.
A door lock that sticks intermittently and doesn’t fully engage or disengage will cause a false reading on the app. It is usually caused by any or all of the following...
- Not enough clearance/room in the opening into which the bolt slides. If the tolerance is very small the opening can be affected by temperature and humidity.
- Weak batteries in the lock, replace them with fresh batteries.
- Faulty lock, must be replaced through your installer/integrator..
To determine which may be the cause, open the door and test the lock while it is opened.
- If it does not stick and provides proper updates the opening will have to be modified.
- If it continues to stick, replace the batteries.
- If it continues to stick, contact your installer/integrator as the door lock may have to be replaced.