This product bulletin provides the information necessary to successfully use the USB to Ethernet dongle for CobraNet with the CS-MR-8 (MR-8) for music distribution on the CLIQ.mini.
Note: The USB to Ethernet dongle only supports the MR-8 CobraNet device. The dongle cannot be used with other CobraNet devices.
1. Ensure that there is no power going to the CLIQ.mini.
Note: If the CLIQ.mini is already powered on, remove the power supply and then connect the serial cable. Restart the CLIQ.mini after attaching the cable.
2. Connect the USB end of the dongle to USB port 2 on the CLIQ.mini. See Figure 2, item 2 and Figure 3, item 2.
3. Connect the CobraNet Cat5 cable to the RJ-45 port on the dongle.
4. Configure the MR-8 in Fusion.
Once you have connected the MR-8 to the CLIQ.mini using the Ethernet to USB dongle, configure the MR-8 device in Fusion.
Note: To use an MR-8 with the CLIQ.mini, you must use Sonos.
1. Access your Fusion project, and then click the Devices tab.
2. Click the Audio Setup Wizard icon.
The Audio Setup Wizard displays.
3. Select Sonos with CobraNet, and then click Next >.
4. Select the Sonos device (the input) in the left panel, and then select the speaker rooms in the right panel.
5. Click Next.
6. The Configure Devices dialog displays. Click Add to view the Add Device dialog, and then select the desired CobraNet device in the Device drop-down.
7. Configure the CobraNet device.
8. Click Add Device, and then expand the CobraNet device.
9. Double-click the --None-- drop-down next to IN-1 or IN-S/PDIF, and then select the Sonos device for the audio source.
10. Expand OUT-8, and then double-click --None-- to select the area, and then double-click --None-- to select the Receiver source. Repeat for each OUT.
Note: You must click outside of the last box you configure. If you do not click outside of the last configured option, it will not save.
11. Click Next to view the Review page.
– or –
Click Finish to exit the Audio Setup Wizard. All devices and services are created automatically.