The Clare Controls CLIQ.connect is an add-on module for the CLIQ.host that doubles the number of available I/O ports. The CLIQ.connect uses auto-discovery technology that makes the units seamlessly interoperable and lets you scale your project with near-zero configuration. You can stack up to three CLIQ.connect modules onto one CLIQ controller. This, coupled with the modules’ built-in ease of interconnection, makes the CLIQ controller an ideal controller for a wide range of projects.
WARNING: Any changes or modifications made to this product not expressly authorized by the manufacturer could void the user’s right to operate this device.
Remove all contents from the CLIQ.connect packaging and ensure you have the following items.
The CLIQ.connect attaches to a CLIQ controller without any screws, external jumpers, or wires. Magnets hold the CLIQ.connect securely to the CLIQ controller. You can connect up to three CLIQ.connect devices to a single CLIQ controller.
1. Place the CLIQ controller on a level surface.
2. Using a small screwdriver, carefully remove the cloud-shaped dust cover from the top of the CLIQ controller to expose the female ClareBus. Next remove the ClareBus cover from the bottom of the CLIQ.connect.
3. Align the CLIQ.connect over the top of the CLIQ controller so that the male ClareBus on the bottom of the CLIQ.connect is touching the female ClareBus on the top of the CLIQ controller. See Figure 1.
Note: When connecting to a CLIQ.express controller, you must attach the CLIQ connect under the CLIQ.express.
4. Push down on the CLIQ.connect until it is properly seated on the CLIQ controller.
1. Remove the dust cover from the top of the attached CLIQ.connect, and then remove the ClareBus cover from the bottom of the next CLIQ.connect.
2. Align the next CLIQ.connect over the CLIQ.connect that you just added, and push down until the unit is seated.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each additional CLIQ.connect.
Note: When attaching additional CLIQ.connects, be sure that each CLIQ.connect is receiving power before adding the next CLIQ.connect. The CLIQ controller auto-discovers each CLIQ.connect in the order in which you add them.
If you are placing a CLIQ.connect on the bottom of a stack, use the four rubber foot covers included to prevent it from sliding.
Begin making connections to your other devices. Figures 2 and 3 identify the LED and ports on the front and rear of the CLIQ.connect. Refer to the documentation that came with each of your other devices for detailed information about connecting them to the CLIQ.connect.
1. Connect your serial devices to either of the two RS-232 ports using a standard RJ12 cable, or an RJ12 to DB9 cable (included). See Figure 3, item 1 and Figure 4.
2. Connect your IR devices (optional) to the 12-pin terminal connector (included), and then insert the connector into the port labeled “IR Outputs.” See Figure 3, item 2.
Note: When connecting an IR emitter (included), attach the striped wire to positive (+) and the black wire to negative (-).
3. Connect your digital I/O devices (optional) to the 8-pin terminal connector (included), and then insert the connector into the port labeled “I/O.” See Figure 3, item 4.
When connecting devices, wire it such that ports 1 and 2 share the same12 VDC power and ground and ports 3 and 4 share the same power and ground.
4. Connect relay contacts (e.g., garage door contacts) to the 6-pin terminal connector (included), and then insert the connector into the port labeled “Relay.” See Figure 3, item 5.
If you are using your own RJ12 cable (rather than the one supplied), ensure your RJ12 cable connector pinouts match the pinouts on the RS-232 ports shown in Figure 4.
Refer to the Fusion Configuration Tool Administrator Guide (Doc ID 069) for instructions on creating, testing, and deploying a project.
Clare Controls offers a three (3) year limited warranty on original Clare Controls components, from the date of shipment from Clare Controls. To view complete limited warranty details, including limitations and exclusions, www.clarecontrols.com/warranty.
Full PDF - CLIQ.connect Installation Sheet (DOC ID 706)