The Clare Video Plus (CVP) firmware v5.4.1 build 170807 firmware update contains a fix for motion detection settings and a password strengthening update.
- The CVP firmware update is now available and is compatible with all Clare Video Plus Cameras except for the Clare Video Doorbell (CVP-B2DB50-ODIW) and the 1 MP Indoor Wi-Fi Cube Camera with IR (CVP-B1C50-IDIW). These 2 cameras each have their own firmware.
- Each camera must be updated individually.
Updating the firmware
The new camera firmware is found on the Clare Controls website product page. You must download and extract the firmware before you can continue.
To download the new firmware:
1. Browse to the correct Clare Controls product page, and then scroll down until you see the Resources sub-tab.
2. Click the Resources sub-tab, scroll to Downloads, and then click the firmware link.
The firmware begins to download.
3. Once the firmware is downloaded, extract the information to the desired location in your computer.
To update the firmware using the camera’s web UI:
1. Using your computer, connect to the same network as the camera.
2. Browse to the camera’s IP address, and then login using the camera’s credentials.
3. Browse to Maintenance.
Configuration > System > Maintenance > Upgrade & Maintenance
4. Under the Upgrade heading, click Browse. Select the previously extracted firmware.
5. Click Upgrade, and confirm the upgrade.
Note: The upgrade reboots the camera.
Motion detection changes
When using the previous firmware on CVP cameras, disabling the Alarm Notifications setting in the Cloud disabled all motion detection settings. The update corrects this behavior. The user can now disable notifications through the Cloud and still allow the camera to record on motion.
The update requires the user to set a strong password. The password can no longer be secure7. This change maintains the user’s privacy.
To change the password:
1. Using your computer, connect to the same network at the camera.
2. Browse to the camera’s IP address.
You are prompted to change the password.
3. Enter a new password, confirm the password, and then click OK.