Thank you for choosing Clare Controls. In today’s competitive marketplace, we can appreciate that you have many choices for your home automation needs.
This document is intended as a quick-start guide, not a full product guide. For more information, view the full ClareHome Touchpanel Release Notes (DOC ID 1775).
The following items are included with the ClareHome Touchpanel.
- 1 × Power supply
- 1 × Mounting bracket
- 1 ×Tabletop stand
- 2 × Stand grips
- 2 × Base grips
- 4 × Screws
- 4 × Wall anchors
Select an installation option.
Installation option 1: Desktop
Option 1 uses the included panel tabletop stand.
To desktop mount the panel:
1. Insert the kickstand to the rear of the panel. The stand pops into place, locking to the panel.
Note: There are 2 options for tabletop stand orientation. Each option results in a different viewing angle.
Orientation 1: Insert the stand into the panel with the tail facing down, creating a downward facing arc. This gives the panel a more forward-facing view, close to a 60° angle.
Orientation 2: Insert the stand into the panel with the tail facing upward, creating a curve upward. This gives the panel a more upward-facing view, close to a 30° angle.
2. Slide a stand grip onto each slot on the stand.
(Optional) To prevent the panel from sliding, attach the included non-slip base grips. Place one base grip on each corner of the panel.
3. Plug the included power supply into the rear of the Android panel.
4. Plug the opposite end of the power supply into an electrical outlet.
The tablet automatically powers up.
Installation option 2: Wall mounted
Option 2 requires the panel to be wall mounted. Use the included screws and metal plate to mount the panel flush with the wall.
To wall mount the panel:
1. Place the mounting bracket against the wall, ensuring that it is in the desired location and close to an outlet.
2. Using 2 of the included screws and a power drill, securely attach the bracket to the wall.
3. Plug the included power supply into the rear of the ClareHome panel.
4. Slide the panel onto the mounting bracket.
5. Plug the opposite end of the power supply into an electrical outlet.
The tablet automatically powers up.
Setting up the ClareHome Touchpanel
Once the panel is installed, connect the panel to the home’s Wi-Fi network.
To setup the panel:
1. Tap the screen.
– or –
Press the power button on the right-side of the panel.
ClareHome loads and the Viewing full screen pop-up displays.
2. Tap GOT IT.
3. Tap Allow to ensure that ClareHome has access to the device’s location.
Note: ClareHome uses the location of the device for timers and events.
4. Tap Change to select your time zone.
5. Select your time zone.
6. Tap Select WiFi Network, and then select the Wi-Fi from the drop-down.
7. Enter your Wi-Fi network’s password, and then tap OK.
8. Once you have selected your time zone and configured your Wi-Fi settings, tap the X in the top-left corner.
Note: If there is a firmware update available, a popup displays. Tap Ok, and then the panel automatically updates. Continue with panel configuration.
9. Tap your home’s project name.
10. Enter your ClareHome project’s PIN, and then tap Done.
Note: The default PIN is 1234.
You now have access to your project.
Customizing the panel space
Once the panel is connected to the home’s Wi-Fi network, customize your space.
To add smart icons to your panel’s space:
1. Tap My Devices to view a list of all your devices categories.
2. Tap to select the device category, and then tap the Plus icon to add the desired device to your panel’s space.
To add devices, configure Scenes, Schedules, Notifications, Automations, and configure other ClareHome settings, see the full ClareHome Touchpanel Release Notes (DOC ID 1775).
Clare Controls offers a two (2) year limited warranty on original Clare Controls components, from the date of shipment form Clares Controls.