New Dealers Getting Started
- Control Systems
- Quick Start Guides
- Audio Devices
- Clare Controllers
- ClareVideo Doorbell v3
- ClareVideo Doorbell v2
- Door Locks and Garage Doors
- ClareVue Lighting
- Lighting - Other
- Media Distribution
- Legacy Security
- Sensors and Water Detection
- Legacy Surveillance
- Other Integrations
Videos and Smart Skills
ClareHome PulseWorx Tech Bulletin
This bulletin is to notify Clare Controls customers of an issue found with PulseWorx PIM-R devices that are integrated into a ClareHome system.
A small number of Clare Controls customers have reported a buzzing sound in the PulseWorx PIM-R devices that were integrated into their ClareHome systems. In addition, the ClareHome UI fails to properly update and display a new state when a light is changed at the switch. Clare Controls has conducted a detailed analysis of the devices and has concluded that:
- The buzzing occurs when the ClareHome controller polls the PulseWorx devices.
- The failure to update the UI is a ClareHome software issue.
- The problem was traced to ClareHome’s handling of network IDs of 128 or greater.
These issues have been corrected and a change to the ClareHome system will be distributed when our internal testing is completed. In the meantime, we recommend a workaround solution to correct this problem.
To correct the problems:
- Using PulseWorx’s UPStart Setup Software tool, configure your PulseWorx devices with network IDs that are less than 128.
- Open your ClareHome project using Fusion, and then change the network IDs for your PulseWorx devices to match IDs you set using the UPStart tool.
- Once you have finished, be sure to save and redeploy your ClareHome project.
Note: For more information about working with PulseWorx devices in Fusion, see PulseWorx Integration Release Notes (Doc ID 312 Rev 02).