The Jandy Aqualink is a high-performance system that lets you control Jandy pools and spas. Connect the Jandy Aqualink RS Serial Adapter to the ClareHome control system so that your customers can control their Jandy Aqualink pool and spa temperature, lights, and cleaner from their Android or iOS devices.
The following figures show the Jandy Aqualink UI on the ClareHome App.
Only qualified installation technicians should install Jandy devices. Follow the installation and programming instructions that came with your Jandy equipment.
Note: You must use the Jandy Aqualink RS Serial Adapter to connect to the ClareHome system.
Once the Jandy Aqualink system is installed, connect the RS serial adapter, and then connect it to the ClareHome data network, or directly to your CLIQ controller. To make the connection to the ClareHome data network, you need to attach an IP-to-Serial device to the Jandy Aqualink RS Serial Adapter and to the ClareHome data network. To make a connection directly to the CLIQ controller, simply connect a serial cable from the Jandy Aqualink RS Serial Adapter to the serial port on the back of the CLIQ controller.
1. Attach one end of a Cat 5 networking cable to a port on the ClareHome data network, and then attach the other end of the cable to the RJ-45 jack on the IP-to-Serial device. See Figure 1.
2. Attach the one end of an RS-232 cable to the IP-to-Serial device, and then attach the other end to the Jandy Aqualink RS Serial Adapter.
To ensure proper communication between the Jandy Aqualink and the ClareHome system, configure your IP-to-Serial device with the following settings.
Note: When setting serial parameters in your IP-to-Serial device, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Attach the RJ12 end of an RJ12-to-DB9 connector cable (included with your CLIQ controller) to the RS-232 port on the CLIQ controller, and then attach the DB9 end of the cable to the serial port on the Jandy Aqualink RS Serial Adapter.
After installing your Jandy Aqualink device, add and configure it in Fusion. Once added, use the Service Wizard to create a service. The Service Wizard walks you through the process and auto-populate the fields for you. Use the following steps to add and configure your Jandy Aqualink device in Fusion.
1. Click the Devices tab, and then click the New Device button .
The Select Template dialog displays.
2. Browse to Jandy – Aqualink Pool and Spa.
Pool > Pool Controller > Jandy – Aqualink Pool and Spa
Note: If you are connecting to the ClareHome network, select Other in the Communication Method drop-down list.
– Or –
If you are connecting directly to the CLIQ controller, select CLIQ in the drop-down list.
3. Click OK.
4. The Jandy – Aqualink Pool and Spa – Device Wizard displays. Enter the number of devices that you are adding to your project, and then click OK.
5. In the Details tab’s Name field, enter a name for your Jandy Aqualink device.
6. Click the Configure tab.
7. Enter the Jandy’s IP address in the Network Address field, and then enter the port number for the IP-to-Serial connecting device in the Network Port field.
Note: Consult the documentation that came with the device to determine the proper network port number.
– or –
If you are connecting to a CLIQ controller serial port, select a port from the drop-down list in CLIQ Serial Port’s Value field, as shown below.
8. Click the Save button, and then click the Service Instance button .
The Edit Service Instance dialog displays.
9. Ensure the newest Pool and Spa Service is selected, and then click Next.
10. Fusion auto-populates the control points for the Jandy Aqualink device.
11. Click Finish, and then deploy your project.