For information on Z-Wave and ClareHome, see Installing Z-Wave with ClareHome.
The ClareVue Lighting Appliance (CL-APS-10) and Dimmer (CL-LDM-10) Modules integrate with ClareHome via the Z-Wave network. Installers only need to pair (add) the unit into ClareHome. The modules provides real time light status indications.
By integrating the ClareVue Lighting Appliance Module or ClareVue Lighting Dimmer Module into the ClareHome control system, your customers can control the associated devices from their Android or iOS devices.
Only qualified installation technicians should install ClareVue lighting devices. Follow the installation and programming instructions that came with your ClareVue lighting devices.
Note: The modules look virtually the same, a user can tell the modules apart by their model numbers. The appliance module has an A in the model number and the dimmer module has a D in the module number.
After installing the appliance/dimmer module, pair it.
1. Access the Clare Controls Install Assist app, and then tap Add Devices.
– or –
Access the ClareHome Mega Menu, and then tap Add/Edit Devices.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap the plus icon.
3. Tap Lighting.
4. Tap Z-Wave Device - Lighting.
5. Tap Start Discovery Mode, and then pair the device as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Enter a name for the keypad, and then select an area.
7. Tap outside of the area drop-down and the device is auto saves.
Note: For scene, schedule, notification, and automation configuration, see ClareHome App Guide (DOC ID 1750).
After installing the module, pair it.
1. Access your project, and then click the Z-Wave Wizard icon.
2. The Clare Controls Z-Wave Wizard displays. Click on Z-Wave Devices.
3. Select the module's location, and then enter a name for the device.
4. Click Add It!.
A Z-Wave adding mode dialog displays.
5. Press the main on/off button on the device.
6. The module appears in the added devices list.
7. 1. Click the Summary tab to view all Z-Wave Wizard added devices and their status.
8. Click the Close Window icon in the top-right of the wizard to exit and return to the Devices tab.
Note: The Z-Wave devices added with the Z-Wave Wizard are automatically imported on the Devices tab.
Once deployed, the user can add the device to their space, and then tap the appliance module icon in the ClareHome app to display and operate the on and off status, as shown below.