CLR-C1-MDW-W (white), CLR-C1-MDW-B (brown)
The CLR-C1-MDW Mini Door Window Sensor is a supervised sensor that detects the opening and closing of doors or windows. The sensor and magnet are mounted using screws (not included) or double-sided adhesive tape (included). When activated, the sensor transmits an open (trip) or close (restore) signal to the panel. These are the signals the unit provides: supervisory, tamper and low battery (as needed). The sensor is powered by (2) replaceable 3-VDC, lithium coin-cell batteries.
Follow the provided installation guidelines.
- Mounting the sensor on metal can affect the transmitting range and magnet gap performance. Therefore, test the sensor from the desired location using the installer sensor test, before permanently mounting it.
- Mount the sensor within 50 ft. of the panel.
- Mount the sensor on the frame, and the magnet on the door, window or drawer. If mounting on double doors, mount the sensor on the least used door and the magnet on the other door.
- Mount sensors at least 5 inches above the floor to avoid damaging them.
- The sensors can be mounted to either wood or metallic surfaces.
- The magnet should be mounted within 5/8” (15.88 mm) of the sensor. Desired operation should be checked before permanent installation.
- After mounting the sensor, retest the sensor using the procedure in the section “Testing the Sensor”.
To add the sensor to your panel and for detailed programming instructions,
please refer to the ClareOne Wireless Security and Smart Home Panel User Manual (DOC ID 1871).
Testing the Sensor
Verify that the sensor is working properly.
To test the sensor:
- Set the panel to the sensor test mode.
- Take the sensor and magnet to the desired mounting location, making sure to line up their alignment marks with each other. Trip the sensor by pulling the magnet away from the sensor.
- Monitor the system after tripping the sensor. Refer to the ClareOne Wireless Security and Smart Home Panel User Manual (DOC ID 1871) for specific test information.
Note: If a low battery alarm occurs, replace the battery within 7 days.
CAUTION: Battery may explode if mistreated. Do not recharge, disassemble or dispose of in fire.
Mounting the Sensor
Mount the sensor using the supplied mounting screws for permanent mounting installations or using the supplied double-sided tape is optional.
Note: The gap between the sensor and magnet should not exceed a maximum of 3/8”.
The center of the magnet will align with the arrow which is embossed on the side of sensor's main body (the location of the arrow will vary by sensor type).
- Remove the sensor base from the sensor.
- Place the sensor base in desired location and mount the base with the supplied screws. Attach the sensor to the base.
- Mount the magnet into the desired location using the supplied screw and lock washer, making sure the alignment mark lines up with the sensor mark.
- Before applying double-sided tape, ensure that the desired location is a smooth, clean and dry surface.
Note: When applying the double-sided tape, evenly apply pressure to ensure a good surface contact.
- Apply double-sided tape to the bottom of the sensor and the magnet. Mount the sensor and magnet at the desired locations, ensuring the alignment marks line up with each other.
For Additional Tamper Security
- Punch out the tamper cover on the bottom of the sensor, and using the small screw secure it to the mounting location, when the sensor is removed “tampered” the tab remains providing a tamper condition.
0.8 in (9.65 mm)
Tamper and low battery
60 to 70 minutes
8 to 10 years
Operating environment Temperature
1 × 2.25 × .50 in.
FCC: 15.109 Class B 15.231, Industry Canada: ICES-003, RSS-210
Clare Controls, Llc.
North American standards
FCC: 15.109 Class B 15.231, Industry Canada: ICES-003, RSS-210
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Industry Canada license-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
In accordance with FCC requirements of human exposure to radio frequency fields, the radiating element shall be installed such that a minimum separation distance of 20 cm is maintained from the general population.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-3B.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe B est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
MANUFACTURER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THESE PRODUCTS AND ANY RELATED SOFTWARE. MANUFACTURER FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY UNDER THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT OR SIMILAR LAW AS ENACTED BY ANY STATE.
(USA only) SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
MANUFACTURER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, COVENANT OR PROMISE THAT ITS ALARM PRODUCTS AND/OR RELATED SOFTWARE (I) WILL NOT BE HACKED, COMPROMISED AND/OR CIRCUMVENTED; (II) WILL PREVENT, OR PROVIDE ADEQUATE WARNING OR PROTECTION FROM, BREAK-INS, BURGLARY, ROBBERY, FIRE; OR (III) WILL WORK PROPERLY IN ALL
UL: Indoor dry
European Union directives
1999/5/EC (R&TTE directive): Hereby, Clare Controls declares that this device is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC.
2002/96/EC (WEEE directive): Products marked with this symbol cannot be disposed of as unsorted municipal waste in the European Union. For proper recycling, return this product to your local supplier upon the purchase of equivalent new equipment, or dispose of it at designated collection points. For more information see: www.recyclethis.info.
2006/66/EC (battery directive): This product contains a battery that cannot be disposed of as unsorted municipal waste in the European Union. See the product documentation for specific battery information. The battery is marked with this symbol, which may include lettering to indicate cadmium (Cd), lead (Pb), or mercury (Hg). For proper recycling, return the battery to your supplier or to a designated collection point. For more information see: www.recyclethis.info.
Clare Controls offers a two (2) year limited warranty on original Clare Controls components, from the date of shipment from Clare Controls.