It is not uncommon to change your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or the name of your WiFi (SSID), use these steps to get your Clare Video Doorbell connected to the new network.
If you swap your modem/router or change your WiFi name (SSID) and/or password, use the following instructions to connect your Clare Video Doorbell to the new network.
- Connect your ClareVision Plus mobile device to the updated 2.4G Wi-Fi Network.
- Make sure your ClareVision Plus mobile device has a clean screen and the brightness is turned up to maximum.
- Check for and, if necessary, remove the security set screw from the bottom of the Clare Video Doorbell.
- Remove the cover from the doorbell by squeezing the top and bottom at the same time and pulling away and up taking care not to damage the camera lens cover.
- Locate the reset button on the lower left-hand side of the Clare Video Doorbell and depress and hold until you hear it announce, “Your device is rebooting.” (Note: This can take up to 45 seconds to occur)
- Open the Clare Vision Plus app.
- Tap on “More” in the lower right-hand corner
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to “Network”.
- Enter the router’s WiFi pass code in the field provided.
- Tap “Generate”.
- Show the newly generated QR code on the screen of your mobile device to the camera lens of the Clare Video Doorbell.
- Once the doorbell reads the code, it will beep.
- Once the status light around the ring button turns solid blue, close and reopen the app.