Clare Controls is a leading provider of intelligent home automation technologies and security systems. Our product line includes solutions that streamline the integration and management of sophisticated home automation systems, plus several families of specialized point-solution components for forward-thinking integrators. Clare solutions are cost effective, can be deployed in volume efficiently, have extremely low cost of ownership and put control of the user experience in the hands of the users.
We are currently seeking a Technical Writer with a passion for working across technical disciplines to understand, write and edit several forms of documentation describing Clare’s complex systems.
The successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience writing technical publications, experience working with early technology paths; able to quickly comprehend technical work and create organized, understandable, and thorough documentation across a variety of new technology topics.
We need a full-time Technical Writer to prepare product release notes, instruction manuals, how-to-guides, organize and update knowledge bases, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily for Clare's technical platforms. The position is located in Sarasota, FL.
- Attend daily standups
- Maintain a Help Center
- Communicate with internal teams to gather information
- Organize and track information for product releases
- Work with product owners and subject matter experts
- Take detailed copious notes
- Create documentation as needed including but not limited to:
- Release Notes
- Quick Start Guides
- Product Manuals
- Installation Sheets
- Technical Bulletins
- Product Bulletins
- Help Center Articles
- 3+ years experience in writing technical and internal facing documentation.
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- Experience partnering and collaborating with business users and creating documentation from scratch
- Experience working with developers and other internal stakeholders
- Ability to self-manage and work with a team
- Ability to switch gears quickly
- Not easily frustrated with changing priorities
- Experience in an Agile environment – we use SCRUM
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to extract information from internal stakeholders
- Must have MS Office and CorelDraw experience
- Experience maintaining Knowledge Base articles
- Experience working with vendors on development rollouts
- Adobe Suite Experience
- Familiar with Home Automation/Control Systems
- Familiar with Home Security Systems
We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture and are tenacious about achieving results.
- This position is in our corporate office in Sarasota, Florida.
- Competitive salary & 401k.
- We offer our employees full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays and Vacation time.
Clare Controls, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.