Technical Support Specialist
Clare Controls, a highly creative and dynamic Sarasota based organization building state-of-the-art home automation and monitoring systems, is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Technical Support Specialist to join their team. We believe our success directly depends on the people we hire and we need energetic people that thrive in a fast paced environment.
The Support Specialist’s primary focus is to provide software & hardware application support for Clare Controls products. The position requires a person with demonstrated leadership skills and prior experience providing production application support. As a member of the Technical Support team, engineers work closely with operations teams, architects, development teams and users to triage and resolve production application issues. This position is also responsible for determining problem root causes.
- Answer phone, email and online chat support requests from Clare Controls customers and partners.
- Provide remote technical support and resolve highly complex issues in a wide variety of technical environments.
- Gather problem descriptions, log files, configuration data, and analyze them in order to determine root cause and find solutions.
- Produce client facing root cause analysis reports, issues summaries and status updates.
- Demonstrate superior technical skills in the analysis of customer problems.
- Get appropriate resources involved to find quick problem resolution.
- Communicate with product development teams and escalate support issues as needed.
- Act as liaison between customers and engineering to correct design functionality issues.
- Communicate troubleshooting and resolution finding efforts to customers.
- Create, review, edit and manage troubleshooting and problem solution information in the CRM call handling system and the corporate knowledge database.
- Participate in product development programs to ensure the inclusion of service support requirements.
- Support beta and pre-release field evaluations of new products or product enhancements.
- Provide input to engineering on serviceability of new products.
- Work independently in a fast paced customer service environment without requiring immediate supervision.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites in escalation situations.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule to provide 7x24 support to customers worldwide.
- At least 5 years of experience in a software and hardware support role.
- Experience using and resolving issues on Linux and OSX operating systems.
- Able to communicate with Clare Controls personnel and with customers verbally in person and over the phone as well as through e-mail.
- Able to multi-task by working multiple different customer issues in parallel.
- Able to make proper assessments of customer situations relative to the impact issues have on the customer's production environment.
- Able to make quick and good judgment calls to determine most effective next steps and to define action plans.
- Able to be courteous to customers at all times, no matter how stressful the situation might be.
- Able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed to take care of urgent customer issues.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- IT background with extensive network experience highly desirable.
- Experience with bash or other Linux shell scripts desirable.
- Experience installing and supporting digital cameras in a CCTV system is highly desirable.
- Experience configuring analytics on CCTV systems is desirable.
- Experience supporting software running on iPads preferred.
- Experience with automated build utilities and continuous integration environments desirable.
We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture and are tenacious about achieving results.
- This position is in our corporate office in Sarasota, Florida
- Competitive salary & 401k
- We offer our employees full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays and Vacation time.
Clare Controls, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.