Software Quality Assurance Technician
Clare Controls is a leading provider of intelligent home automation technologies. Our product line includes solutions that streamline the integration and management of sophisticated home automation systems, plus several families of specialized point-solution components for forward-thinking integrators. Clare solutions are cost effective, can be deployed in volume efficiently, have extremely low cost of ownership and put control of the user experience in the hands of the users.
We currently have a need for a full-time Software QA Technician located in Sarasota, FL. The successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience in testing software applications. This individual will have some experience testing control systems, experience testing mobile user interfaces, have some familiarity with various communication protocols and be detail oriented.
The Software QA Tech will be responsible for setup, testing, qualification, documenting issues, making performance and user recommendations, and so on, of new software and products. Testing will range from feature testing to stress and regression testing for all Clare products. The person will be expected to work closely with the Clare Controls hardware and software engineering teams. This person will be expected to “wear many hats” and often be engaged in problem solving outside of typical duties.
- Independently develop test plan documents and manual test cases.
- Review functional requirements and designs specifications for low to moderately complex changes/systems for completeness and testability.
- Setup and maintain lab for functional and performance testing.
- Conduct testing using manual, scripting, or automated processes.
- Escalate issues in daily stand-up meetings and coordinates with development team.
- Conduct root cause analysis and correlation of other system and/or problems of moderate complexity.
- Estimate effort required for own work and checks and agrees with other team members' estimates.
- Communicate accurate status of ongoing work to stakeholders.
- Recommend improvements to the testing processes to increase efficiency.
- Strong foundation with software development and system test.
- Experience with GIT or similar source control system.
- Agile and Defect Tracking with Jira or similar tools should come naturally.
- Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in environments with multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a group using Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong Mac & Linux Skills Required.
- The ability to work under pressure is a necessity.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design concepts and how to apply them to test automation.
- You really, really like to break software.
- You own iPad/iPhone/Android and plenty of high tech toys.
- Familiar with analog and digital electronics.
- Familiar with Intrusion Security systems.
- Familiar with Z-Wave technology.
- Familiar with HDMI, CCTV, & Home Automation/Control Systems.
We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture and are tenacious about achieving results.
- This position is in our corporate office in Sarasota, Florida
- Competitive salary & 401k
- We offer our employees full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Paid Holidays and Vacation time.
Clare Controls, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.